The skillshare is from 4pm Friday 22nd March until 4pm on Sunday 24th March 2013 at Aldinga Beach Mini-Camp.
The skillshare will provide participants with the essential skills needed to be an effective activist. The weekend will help our community expand and advance one another's knowledge, and help you build confidence as an activist in a supportive environment.
The workshop program will be released early March, but will likely include sessions on:
- Developing effective campaigns
- Practical campaign tools
- Strategic thinking
- Direct communications - when to use which tactic
- Non-Violent Direct Action and Practical Direct Action
- Community organising
- Power analysis
- Legal and activist rights
- Narrative training - telling compelling stories
- Media engagement
- Digital activism - social media tips'n'tricks
- Creative activism
- Sustainable activism
- Team building
- Campaign strategy sessions
There will also be group team-building activities, film screenings, bush walks, swimming and snorkeling at the beach at our doorstep- and of course an incredible mix of amazing people to learn and grow with.
For skillshare costs and payment please read here.
An information pack will be sent out to you in preparation for the skillshare. For more information or to ask questions please get in contact.