Following is all you need to do to prepare for the event.
Aldinga Beach Holiday Park in their mini-camp building. Address is Lot 339 Cox Rd, Aldinga Beach SA 5173.
The mini-camp has 40 bunks available. We will be placing participants in these bunks as they need to be filled first in order to have the building exclusively and to cover the base cost of hiring the venue. The majority of the rooms sleep 3-4 so it will not be over-crowded. If you really want to camp, you will need to book a site at your own additional expense (per night $27 an unpowered site + extra adults $10 per person) directly from the Aldinga Beach Holiday Park here on (08) 8556 3444.
On Friday we will have one minibus leaving Adelaide CBD at 3 pm (from The Wilderness Society Campaign Centre) and one leaving Flinders University at 3pm. If you need a lift to the Aldinga Beach Holiday Park from either one of these locations, please email Michael at email@example.com to secure your seat.
If you elected upon registration that you can provide a lift to others Michael will be in contact with you soon to arrange carpooling options.
The skillshare begins from 4pm Friday 22nd March until 4pm Sunday 24th March.
If arriving on Friday please try to arrive at the venue around 4pm for registration. Ice-breaker games will start at 5pm and dinner will be at 7.30pm.
If arriving on Saturday registration opens from 8.30am and the plenary starts from 9am. Similarly workshops start from 9am if attending only on Sunday.
Upon arrival you will need to ‘check in’, be assigned accommodation if staying at venue, and given a program handbook.
- Clothing: for two days and two nights. Be prepared for warm, cool and even wet weather. Some workshops are physically interactive so dress accordingly.
- Your own bedding: for bunks eg sleeping bag, pillow, single fitted sheet. (If camping, your own tent or swag, thermals for night-time temperatures)
- Notepad, pens: you will receive a Skillshare Handbook, but other paper to write on.
- Cushion: for sitting on in outside workshops
- Musical instruments: for jamming and Mike's Open Mike Night
- Beach gear: towel, bathers, and snorkels, flippers and even wetsuit if you own them.
- Walking shoes: for exploring Aldinga scrub
- Torch or headlamp
- Hat and sunscreen
- Candle for Earth Hour on Saturday night
- BYO self-indulgence, eg chocolate. NO illicit substances allowed.
Anything else you would like to share to help create an awesome weekend!
If you have any questions contact on firstname.lastname@example.org or
0422 078 021.